Understanding the Mission, Vision, and Values of CLEARCorps are essential to preparing to carrying out the work in the local communities.
The mission of CLEARCorps is to support low-income families by providing family-centered services to help them protect their children from lead poisoning and other environmental health threats.
CLEARCorps’ vision is:
1) The day when all children are free from lead poisoning, and all children enter their school-age years unharmed by environmental hazards in their homes—ready to learn, and ready to fulfill their potential as individuals, family members, and citizens.; and
2) Every family with children threatened by lead hazards in their homes has the knowledge, skill and support they need to protect their children from lead poisoning.
To advance its mission and vision, CLEARCorps adheres to the following values and operating principles:
- Respect. To respect the ability, commitment and responsibility of families in protecting their children from lead poisoning
- Mutuality. To reach mutual agreement on a lead risk reduction strategy for the child that accurately reflects the strengths and capacities of CLEARCorps and the family
- Sustainability. To practice simple and effective means of controlling lead dust and reducing lead hazards that can be learned, supported and maintained by the family
- Safety. To control lead hazards safely and effectively, ensuring that lead dust levels in work areas meet or exceed federal safety guidelines.